Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Doing Things You Love Can Be Very Healthy


I don't know about you but I absolutely love roller coasters. I think it is something I get from my Dad because he is addicted to them as well. I had been planning on going to Six Flags in California since I was a little kid and last September Amanda and I were in California to visit Mickey and his gang but I knew I was not going to miss the Tatsu roller Coaster at Six Flags if it was the last thing I did. I have prepared myself by watching videos of this crazy coaster online up until the day we left. It was quite the mission to get there and experience one of the most intense days I've ever had.

Our travel agent had set our itinerary so that we were going to Six Flags on our second last day. Fortunately we found out a couple days before going to the park that they were closed on that day. We had to change all our plans just to make it to the park. We were staying in Newport Beach so I rented a car to drive to Six Flags. I must say that this was not the easiest drive through Los Angeles. I live in a city of 80000 people so we aren't that big. It was quite an exciting experience to do alot of big city driving.

Anyways, we made it and were lucky enough to have gone on a day when noone else did. We didn't wait in line once for the whole day on every ride. When I finally saw the Tatsu my heart almost jumped through my chest.

The Tatsu is 3,602 feet of blazing track. Aboard the wings of Tatsu, you'll fly at speeds in excess of 62 mph through 263 feet of deep plunges, huge spirals and sharp dives that send you flying through the Park's mountainous terrain. I couldn't believe it lets you soar above, around, and through the park. They say it gives passengers the sensation of flight and whoever said that wasn't lying. The seats are designed so you are hanging facing the ground like you would be if you were in a hang-glider. It was custom built for Six Flags so it's one of a kind.

This is by far the best roller coaster that I've ever been on and I recommend anyone and everyone to check it out if you ever get the chance. Those of you that have already been know what I'm talking about. I can't wait to go back.

No comments: